I was experiencing what I thought were lockups when
deleting recorded programs, either through the
interface or via MythWeb.  Turns out it wasn't a
lockup (although the interface and/or Mythweb became
frozen, and puTTY'ing in did not work).  The freeze
was temporary (lasting a few to several minutes) and
related to deleting *large* files from my ext3
filesystem.  As far as I can tell, it's been remedied
by switching to XFS for my program storage drive (only
five days of testing so far).

These locks ups appear to be permanent, unless temporary can last several hours, over night and into the next morning.