On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 11:09 -0400, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> I think the problem that many of us have with trying SVN is that we only
> have one mythtv system,
> and while we'd love to try SVN, we have family that expect Myth to be
> reliable. :) So all we have
> left is curiosity...

Dump your database, backup your old release (depending on the OS you're
running and the distribution method, you could just keep RPMS, or use
tar), upgrade to SVN, test and verify all functionality.

If it breaks, blow away the DB, recreate, reload, and reload old
release.

Directions for dumping DB, dropping, recreating, and loading are here:

Certainly this isn't foolproof b/c you may test everything out, and it
looks great, and then when a family member trys it, it breaks.  :-)  But
at least it's a nice way to get a quick preview of features.

-b