I have been having various problems installing MythTV.  My prefered option is Ubuntu Breezy but I cant get that woring (c other email).  I have also had some luck with KnoppixMyth whitch is great at getting a basic system running.  However getting everything working properly is a nightmare as there are no consistent usable sources.  You are not meant to do a apt-get dist-upgrade, even upgrade is problematic.  I cant even get the dependencies for nuv2disc without getting into dependency hell!.

I am thinking gentoo may be the answer but how stable is it and how difficult to set up (I have compiled a few kernels).

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using the veneer of objectivity