[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Anyone know how to make this STICK so it is inplace after reboot :(

# /etc/network/interfaces
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 172.17.33.230
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 172.17.33.254
        up ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

You might not want to use 1000 :) And you need to also make sure that you have ethtools installed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Where do you set the duplex and speed of your NIC in Debian (or  Linux).

My server is in half duplex (as I have collisions showing in ifconfig) and my through put sucks ((1.2 gig file is taking 60 hours!)

How many collisions are you getting? You would have to be having literally millions of them for a 1.2Gb to take almost 3 days! I would expect that on a 100Mbps network that would take almost exactly 2.5 minutes (~8MB/s).

Regards
Darryl