On Tuesday 15 November 2005 10:03 pm, Dustin Nicholas Jenkins wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>       I've been using the Subversion build of MythTV for the past couple of
> weeks now, and the 'Watch TV' (LiveTV) link hasn't worked at all (i.e.
> the link text flashes and does nothing, no log entry or anything).
> Does anyone know if this is currently broken (SVN build 7892), or is
> this a permissions problem on my box?  I've put my mythtv user into the
> video group, so they can see /dev/video0, and mplayer can read from it
> too.  I have two tuner cards (PVR-250 and PCHDTV-3000) that play
> together well as far as I know.  The only reason I ask about the
> permissions is that I had the same problem playing a DVD at one point,
> then I added mythtv to the cdrom group (or whatever the /dev group was)
> and it worked.
>
> Thanks,
> Dustin

Dustin,
  LiveTV is broken (on purpose, you probably should search the mailing list
before posting).

Everyone,
  As much fun as it is to jump on people for not searching the mailing list
before posting, perhaps an easier solution would be to have a message pop up
on the screen if you try to go to LiveTV in the SVN version.  It would cut
down on a certain amount of useless posts.
Paul