On 11/26/05, Nathan Allen Stratton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Paul V. Gratz wrote:

> I have a treo 650 and I've encoded a few shows for it.  I have been
> using mencoder to encode it to the built-in lavc endcoder for divx.
> In my understanding divx is an early implementation of mpeg4 (prior to
> the release of the standard). Xvid is another. I'm not sure what the
> relative differences are but I think they more or less amount to the
> same kind of quality per bitrate. Now that mpeg4 is out I think they
> both produce legal mpeg4 output.

What player are you using on your 650? Have you been able to stream
anything to your treo using mythstream?

Not the original poster, but I've transcoded a few shows to the 650 for playback with TCPMP
<http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about>, which works quite well with Xvid or avi files, as well as mp3s.

I used nuvexport to transcode; can't recall how long it had to churn away.

--Wendy
--
Wendy Seltzer
http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/