On Tuesday 29 November 2005 14:26, Peter Osterberg wrote:
> I want to get rid of any keyboard directly connected to the "device". I
> want a nice box that fits next to my amp, buttons and displays in the
> box is ok but not attached to the device. It should be ables to navigate
> almost everything from the device with the internal display and buttons.
> The wireless keyboard with built in mouse and the remot should only have
> to be used when I'm sitting relaxed in the sofa. Just like an ordinary
> DVD-player or any other device.
>
> Isn't this the purpose of having a computer in a theatre room it is not
> supposed to look like a server room....

it would be possible if the UI cut down to using 5 or 6 buttons instead of the
25 or so required now. Sure you'd lose a lot of functionality, but most of
that wouldn't matter, theres a lot the interface could still do with just 6
buttons that currently require a lot more.

You might even be able to mimick closely this by changing the key mapping with
MythWeb.

--
Steve