Ant Daniel wrote:

On 08/12/05, *Josh Burks* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On 12/7/05, Shardayyy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    > Mine is PVR-500
    >
    > 30mins = 1.1 GB
    >
    > 1 hour = 2.2 GB

    Perfectly normal for MPEG2 recordings.

    Josh

I tuned mine (PVR 350), no visable loss in signal (but the signal is analog from a digi set top box, so is nice and clean)

30mins = 764MB
1 hour = 1.3 GB

Think there's still some changes I can make to go lower. Big advantage is I can store twice as many recordings then before.

Ant.

What do you mean by 'tuned'? If you are recording from a digital card, the bandwidth, and hence file size, is fixed as no processing is done. It's not a matter of cleanliness.