For posterity, the way I ended up dealing with this, in the end, was that I added a Zap2It! Lineup for Digital Cable from another Comcast Head End,
in a different Zipcode, that had the HD channels I needed on the same channel numbers. It would be nice if this could all be handled internally in Myth... maybe rather than having a "Visible" flag in the DB, we could have a "VisibleOn" row, that lists which tuners support the channel.

>From the silence on my other question ("can the EPG force a tuner change when a channel not present on the current tuner is selected"), I will take it that the answer is "no".

    Thanks for the help, everyone!

        --Matt