Rick van der Mieden wrote:

Hi There,
I've got a mythfrontend and backend running in the living room connected to the TV, but I'd like to have a frontend running on my laptop, which is running windows xp, to watch livetv. So I installed winmyth with mythtv filters. But I can't get it to work. Connection to my mysql backend is ok, but I get a lot of stupid windows errors if it is starting at all. (I've got the latest .net 1.1 running as well) Is there anyone with experience with running mythfrontend on windows? Is there any other way to get a mythfrontend running (someone tried it with vmware or something?). I know it will work if install a linux besides the windows, but that's not really an option right now.

Ever thought of just booting the Knoppix CD which will provide a frontend from the CD (no installation required)?

Kevin