On 1/4/06, Ramon Redondo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I had run into this problem for a really long time.  For me it was a
focus issue caused by Xine upon exit.  Xine supposedly passes focus
back to the kicker, and some widgets can't get focus in this state.
In order to work around it, I would grab my keyboard, and do an
alt-tab to switch to another window and back again, and that would
work.

Thanks.  I'm using just the internal player, not Xine, but I'll see if moving the mouse has any effect.

--Wendy

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722?search_string=movemouse;#82722

The idea was to:
1)  Change the WM behavor to have the focus follow the mouse.
2)  Call mousemove to move the mouse to the edge of the screen and
back to the client area after xine has completed.  This restored
focus.

I took his fix and modified it slightly so that I had a single script
which called xine with desired parameters, and then perform the
'move'.

I have also seen somewhere that claimed that mythbrowser also could
cause this focus issue.  But I don't think I've run into it.

Wendy Seltzer
http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/