Hi all,

I have just started installing the necessary modules for this card and was
wondering if anyone has got the remote control working for it?

cx88xx does not appear to support this card's remote (yet;), and when I try to
modprobe lirc_gpio, to use lirc I get :

stella ~ # modprobe lirc_gpio
FATAL: Error inserting lirc_gpio
(/lib/modules/2.6.14-gentoo-r5/misc/lirc_gpio.ko): Invalid request code

stella ~ # dmesg | tail
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
The bttv_* interface is obsolete and will go away,
please use the new, sysfs based interface instead.
lirc_gpio (-1): could not get card type
The bttv_* interface is obsolete and will go away,
please use the new, sysfs based interface instead.
lirc_gpio (-1): could not get card type
The bttv_* interface is obsolete and will go away,
please use the new, sysfs based interface instead.
lirc_gpio (-1): could not get card type

I'm guessing this is because the bttv dependancy does not know what type of tv
card it is (and presumably shouldn't since it is a cx88 one!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Bryan.