On 1/13/06, Steve Adeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 13 January 2006 07:04, SpEnT wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Johan Venter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > SpEnT wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if there's something I may have done but after upgrading
> > > to svn 8566, everytime I watch TV it recods what I'm watching and
> > > keeps the file. I ran a watch -n1 where I store my recorded programs
> > > and everyimte I changed the channel it adds a new mpg file as an
> > > example heres a file listing:
> >
> > This is how LiveTV works now. I know it's a standard response, but if
> > you're going to run SVN, you need to be following the dev list.
> >
> > > This was just changing channels and it fills up the directory where I
> > > store my recordings. Does anyone have any ideas why it would be doing
> > > this or what I might have to change to fix it? Any help is
> > > appreciated!!
> >
> > If you have your LiveTV auto-expire settings correct, you will never run
> > out of disk space - it will delete the oldest LiveTV recordings based on
> > your preferences to make room for actual scheduled recordings.
>
> I'm just going to use an older version. While watching live TV
> sometimes when it gets to the end of a program the screen just freezes
> and I have to exit out and start live TV again (I was wondering why it
> always seemed to freeze right at 1/2 past the hour or right on the

this is the new ringbuffer change, its closing out the old ringbuffer for the
show you were watching and creating the new one for the new show. The dev's
are working on minimizing the time delay, and some circumstances (mostly with
PVR cards but I think this bug may have been fixed already) have led this to
cause a freeze, though newer SVN's may already have this fixed (I've only
noticed the freeze happen once in watching Live TV so I feel lucky).

> hour), plus now in the listings for recorded programs in Mythweb I
> show 50 files ;) ... some of them are really small ones due to only
> watching a channel for a few minuntes. I've saved some older versions
> that worked the old way so I'll stop using svn.

MythWeb is also going to be/already has been updated to have a similar option
to ignore the livetv recordings.

> Either way thanks for he info :)

Will the option to hide the live TV recordings completely hide the recordings or will they simply be hidden in the "All Recordings" section, with a "Live TV" section on left with the show names?

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.