[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of replacing my current FE with an HD-capable FE, and was
> thinking of putting it all in Silverstone Lascala 17 case:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163055 .
>
> Is anyone using one of these? And failing that, any other comments on
> good, reasonably-priced cases?

I really, really wanted to get that but decided to wait until
mouse/touchscreen control lands into Myth. That sure seems like some
overkill on the ventilation, though. 2x80 rear, 80 on the side, optional
2x80 or 92, AND the power supply fan?

Cannot comment firsthand on the 17 but I'm extremely pleased with the 13
I just built. Noise is not a problem at all. The ventilation is
outstanding. The sides are perfed from the front to 1/2 way back which
shows that they know these pieces are going into A/V environments.

I chucked the 60mm fans that Joe mentioned and sealed up the grills. Not
using the front fan, yet. PS is a Seasonic SS-330 with intelligent 120
fan and does the job all by itself so far.

AMD +3500 with Zalman CNPS7000AlCu
Zalman passive "tower" HS for chipset
2 Seagate 300.7200.8 PATA
2 HD5000