On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 03:29:15PM -0900, John Andersen wrote:
> I agree Ken.  If more users here would compile from scratch they
> would have more understanding of the whole package.
>
> I've never had the luxury of a apt or rpm install and have
> always installed using the EXCELLENT instructions on the web site.
> I use SuSE and have found it usefull to build from scratch.  Ive
> built up a list of dependencies from release to release such that
> I can round them all up and pre-install them and from there
> on out its pretty easy and educational.

Anyone who wants to write up their adventures either way for
wiki.mythtv.org should tag them as

[[Category:Upgrading]]

and we'll put a link on the Main and Release notes pages.  In fact,
I'll go put it there now.   :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        A: No.
        Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?