On 01/25/2006 06:04 PM, Michael Freeman wrote:
> frontend profile management.
> i think it would be a lot nicer if the frontends had remote settings
> manipulation...
> it would allow you to set up the frontend settings before you set up
> the frontend...meaning you might never even *need* to buy a keyboard
> for a frontend, let alone bring one into your living room.
Buy a keyboard?  I run 10 computers in my house and own 4 keyboards--and
2 of the keyboards are typically not connected to machines.  I'm
assuming your Myth box is running on a Linux-based system, right?  Linux
isn't Windows--i.e. you don't have to plug a keyboard into it...

If you happen to need a keyboard for a while, there's this wire on the
back of many keyboards.  If you follow it away from the keyboard, it
will end at your computer, where a gentle pull will disconnect the
keyboard from the computer.  Reverse the process on your new frontend
and you have a temporary keyboard.  Then, when you've done the "needs a
keyboard" work, disconnect from your frontend and reconnect to the
"donor" system.  ;)

Mike