On 1/26/06, Phill Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have no problems opening the .nuv files when I mount the TV recording with
> > Samba. (I.E., I installed samba on my mythbackend box, then mount the TV
> > directory on my Windows computer, and open the files using VLC.) The
> > filenames are pretty cryptic, but if you see what you want to watch in
> > mythweb, you can mouse over the link, look at the filename, and then open
> > that one in VLC.
>
> But that's not streaming. It's just opening a file remotely on the
> samba share which will work find on a 100Mbps LAN but if you wanted to
> access it from anywhere else it wouldn't work as you'd have to
> download the whole file before it plays.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Sounds like you want to stream to windows "on the road."   The problem
with doing this is that most of us like to keep recordings in a
bitrate that does not play very well over say... a cable modem.
There's not very much bandwidth there and as of now myth does not do
on the fly transcoding.

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>