I suspect this is a problem with KDE rather than Mythtv, but I was hoping maybe
one of you could point me in the right direction to start debugging this.

I built a Mythtv box using FC3 about a year ago and followed the Fedora HOWTO,
including the step to log into KDE and start the Mythtv frontend automatically
after booting up. This worked faultlessly until I recently moved house. I've
finally got around to setting the box up again (I believe) in the same way as
before. Now after booting, I am presented with a KDE login screen. After
entering the login, I am immediately thrown back to the login screen. I know
the login details are correct because if I enter wrong details, I get a message
telling me they're wrong.

Any idea what would be causing KDE to immediately log out after logging in like
this? I haven't included many specifics here because I'm not sure what
specifics are relevant to this problem, so just ask if you need more detail.
I'm mystified what has happened when apparently nothing has changed except my
home address.

--
Best regards,
Derek