Hi John

The problem is the data does not stay valid long enough after pWR* goes high.
It is discussed on pages 335-337 of book.  Also the 8255 requires the data be
valid at least 30 nsecs after write signal goes high.  The same type of issues
occur on propeller and IDE select on the IDE board.  Substituting F logic fixes
those but the timing restriction on the 8255 is not reliable.  I may try an Oki
8255 and see if it is better.  The symptom is basically you can never set a
sector so the read sector always returns the same data.

Dave

Sent from my iPad