Lorand S. D'Caltan pisze:
You know, I swear I tried the ./configure --with-ssl-lib=/usr/local/ssl/lib
before and it didn't work, this time it did. Confusing.

Maybe it was before you copied the libraries from the other machine?

But then this:

make all
cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nrpe-2.12/src'
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -lssl -lcrypto
-lnsl -lwrap
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so: undefined reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so: undefined reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'

I suppose the other machine from which you copied libssl.so and libcrypto.so is slightly different and has Kerberos libraries installed. Try "ldd /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so" and "ldd /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so" on the NRPE machine and see which dependencies are missing.

You can copy missing .so libs from the other machine (you should also repeat dependency check with ldd for all libs that you copy) or compile your own openssl on the NRPE host.

--
Regards,
Andy