The CPU is measured as averages for the last X <time> I could do something similar for this.

Which is what I think you want?

Stacking more of them in one go would be possible I guess, I shall look into it and see what I can come up with.

// Michael Medin

On 2009-07-09 09:44, Tore Lønøy wrote:
Number 2 seems to be the best choice for me. But I think it has to be an average value for the last e.g. 15 min, or something similar.

The best would be if you could combine a check which measured swap usage, free physical memory, committed bytes, and pages out/sec, in which an warning / critical error is returned if all of them is in a warning or critical state. But that can we done in nagios, the only thing i miss now is an average value for pages out/sec.

My 2 cents