From: Nicole Cormier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NailTech:: Other teachers?
To: NailTech@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 12:08 PM

Hello fellow techs!!!

Are there other instructors/educators on the list that could offer me some
insight? I have a student that is driving me bananas. I will be explaining
something (like just now, when I was talking about acrylic this morning and gel
afterwards) and she will raise her hand and ask, "Are we going to be learning
about acrylic and gel?" Hello????? Where were you for the last three hours????
I explained a fill and her question AFTERWARDS, when we had moved onto
something else was, "What's a fill? When are you going to talk about that?" An
hour later, when I was answering a question about pocket lift, she comes up
with, "Ooooh, when you put this on and do this and do that....that's a fill,
isn't it?" Well halelujah, The Eagle has landed!!!!

Or here's an even better one, "When we do a manicure, do we have to do the
WHOLE massage that's in our handouts, or do we just do the one that you showed
us?" <-- bearing in mind, of course, that the one I showed them IS the one in
thier handouts. I cringe inwardly when this girl sticks up her hand because I
know that the other students are rolling their eyes.

I had to come in here and leave them to study quietly for the last 15 minutes
because the urge to shake my head and ask her what crack she was smoking had
become overwhelming. This girl does not get anything. It all goes right over
her head. I have a hell of a time keeping her occupied because right after I
tell her to do something, she is off in la-la land again, either free-ranging
through the school, staring off into space, or doing something completely
different than what I've instructed her to do. It is to the point that I
literally could spend my whole day just around her, keeping her in check, and
of course I can't do that. I am not a babysitter, and when I have to corral one
person like this, the quality of my teaching suffers because the other students
don't get the attention that THEY deserve.

I can't believe she's 35. I swear its like dealing with a CHILD, trying to
explain the simplest things to her and then listening to her response. She
talks like a ten year old. She's very pleasant to deal with, extremely
likable, she's not a bitchy person at all, but I swear she is on a whole other
plane of reality that the rest of us aren't on!!! My ADHD son is easier to
handle. In fact, if I buy this school, I am putting him through the program
when he's old enough because at 14 he already does my nails:D....but you know,
don't tell anyone......because doing your mom's nails is just not cool.

I can't use an electric cattle prod, or I'd have one already:) Suggestions?

Nicole Cormier
Very Happy Instructor
European School of Esthetics
Winnipeg Manitoba