I too stopped using nail polish in my gels after that thread on bt...makes 
sense and you have to certainly mind the experts. 

Tammy Warner
The High Road to Education
www.thehrte.com

--- On Mon, 1/19/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: NailTech:: Re: Making yor own color gels works!!!!!!!!!!!
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 3:10 PM


Before you all go head on into mixing your own gel colors I think you should 
heed some valuable advice.  Recently when the topic came up about mixing the 
polishes with the gels, I got into some great emails with Doug Schoon (famous 
for his work in the Creative Labs)  and Paul Bryson (famous for his work in the 
OPI labs).  I learned a lot during their emails and have some personal 
experience that I want to share.

First, if it hasn't been tested in a lab...and just because it does cure on the 
nail doesn't mean that it might be safe.  Microscopically you could have some 
uncured gels that your client is exposed to that will later result in an 
allergic reaction.  Some pigments just don't work as well with UV Cure.

My personal experience happened late in the 1990's when I was using a UV cure 
acrylic in my salon.  In one month I had several clients coming to me with 
allergic reactions.  I had been using the product for about 5 years without any 
problems.  I immediately contacted Doug and told him about what was happening.  
We came to agree that my 6 watt UV bulbs (early days of the 9's) were leaving 
microscopic amounts of uncured products.  My three clients just happened to 
have reached their limits in the same month.  I changed my lamp to a 9 watt 
lamp and thankfully never had a problem.  I was even able to put nails back on 
the three clients and because the light cured them properly, never saw an issue 
for the many years I did their nails (until moving to California).  For the 
years that my bulb wasn't curing properly...I never had lifting, cracking or 
breaking.  My clients rarely needed repairs and never needed new full sets.  
Yet it is amazing that the
 acrylic wasn't completely cured and the raw product caused the reactions.

I've always been a fan of trying something new.  But now that I have gotten 
more information and a better education...am weary of the long term effects it 
can have on our clients nails and ultimately on your business.

So I JUST wanted to play devils advocate and give you the down side to any kind 
of experimenting.  Sometimes you can't ways see what is going on with the naked 
eye.

:) Elaine


On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 3:22 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok Teks,  I took a small amount of finishing clear gel, and then mixed in a 
tiny bit of paste food coloring (the kind you use to color frosting, Wilton 
makes the kind I have)  So... this really works!  I used it on a nail tip, and 
the colors were gorgeous!  I might try experimenting a little more with this, 
there are dozens of food coloring choices, and the gel was beautiful!  I'll let 
you know how it goes!  
Pam
Nail Designs
Frozen in Ohio



 



A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! 




-- 
Elaine T. Watson
Star Nail International
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Global Education Director
800.782.7624 extension 321
fax 661.257.5847
[email protected]
Blog: itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com





      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/NailTech?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to