I would post it by the register also.  Nice but to the point.
Dawn
swt...@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Laura Merzetti <la...@scratchmyback.ca>
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, Oct 19, 2009 3:33 pm
Subject: NailTech:: Re: Need help with no shows and last minute  cancellations!

Rhonda – thank you for your
suggestion.  It’s very good and I will definitely use it.  I am
trying to weed out the flakes to begin with.  It’s like you wish you
could predict the ones who will take their appointments seriously and the ones
who won’t.  I just want people to understand that it’s OK if
they need to cancel and I could care less why.  I just need to know, and
hopefully with 24 hours notice.  I have been calling the new clients for
Minx to reconfirm their appointments because unfortunately they have turned out
to be the least reliable.   This person made the appointment on
Friday, for today, so I didn’t see a need to call and confirm
it.   And quite honestly, I’m not interested in babysitting new
clients because my regulars don’t need it!

On Saturday my regular client arrived and
said it was too bad that her friend (who was right after her) had to
cancel.  I told her she hadn’t called me to cancel.  So she
texted her and told her it wasn’t cool not to let me know.  I know
my client felt bad, but the friend also assumed my client would tell me she
wasn’t
coming !!!  I need to stop this behavior right now.

Saundra, this person did not call me to
cancel her appointment.  I found out she wasn’t coming when I called
her house 15 minutes after her appointment was to begin this afternoon and her
husband told me.  Is the story true?  I have no way of knowing.
I know that I don’t accept this as a way to do business.  Rhonda is
right, they will not get another chance with me.

Thanks

Laura