Did you stir them well and use a base coat like base n gloss or opti
bond?  Typically stirring is the one important step many people
forget. The clear gel is lighter than the pigment so it goes to the
top. Stirring is essential.

It does take 5min per layer to soak. On my regular clients I put a
layer of classic gel on first though so I just efile the color and
never soak.... If they aren't regular customers I don't do the hard
gel layer and give them soaking instructions.

Well everyone has their favorite product, that's why there are so
many!  I'm sure you will get takers that want a deal on adding colors
to their collection.... With over 100 colors there are only a few my
clients don't pick (green is not so popular).  Hehe :)