That's because my first link and the link that you posted, Deb, are from
sites that are compiling the information.  It is best to go to the horses
mouth, so to say.  I downloaded the brochure that I recommended that Anna
download and this is what the law states:

*

GIFT CARDS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES
*

Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the state of Nevada’s
unclaimed property laws contained in

NRS 598.0921 and NRS 120A.530.

For gift cards/certificates issued prior to October 1, 2007, the following
rules apply:

  If the card/certificate has not been used for at least three years, it is
subject to escheatment at

100% of the remaining face value. These cards have a three year dormancy
period. This includes

all gift cards whether they expire or not.

For gift cards/certificates issued on or after Oct 1, 2007, the following
rules apply:

  The card/certificate is escheated in the time period in which it expires.
There is no dormancy

period. It is escheated at 60% of the remaining face value (businesses are
allowed to keep 40%).

If the card/certificate has no expiration date, it is not subject to
escheatment and 100% of the

remaining value must be honored indefinitely.
The full brocure can be found here.
https://nevadatreasurer.gov/Documents/Unclaimed/UP_HolderReportingManual.pdf
and
it gives a link within there to the actual WRITTEN law.

Anna, I am sure you didn't know about this, however, you do now.  All it
takes is one attorney to receive a gift certificate and to be denied using
that certificate and you will be audited in no time.  As you can see,
KEEPING ALL OF THE MONEY isn't an option.  Period.  It does not belong to
you UNTIL you perform the service.