At 11:00 PM 11/25/2010, you wrote:
Hope you all enjoyed your Turkey day!

I have a client that just started using the ECO SOG on. She now has white spots on about 4/5 of her nails. I cannot remember the outcome of what causes this, and how to "fix it". Any input would be great.

Thanks.

Hi Debi, sorry for the delay, I wanted to check with Elaine on this and because of the holiday.... I am sure you understand the reasons :)

What are you using to soak their color off with? Acetone or the eco Soak Off Solution? If you are using straight acetone, this really could be drying out the nails that maybe were not in the greatest shape, probably dry, before you even soaked them off.

Eco Soak Off Solution has extra ingredients that help reduce the drying effect.

To quote a post here on the list that Elaine made the other day you might have missed and might help further explain:

When I formulated the Eco I knew the acetone would eventually be a problem. With Acrylics our clients are soaking a set off every year, (every six months AT the most). So they aren't drying out like they would with constantly soaking off Color Gel. So I formulated our Soak Off Differently. I added an emollient that keeps the skin from getting dried out. You actually can feel the oils on your skin as you saturate the cotton ball. I haven't gotten white spot complaints from my Eco Customers. I think this is actually helping. I also promote the cotton ball and foil method. It exposes less skin to the Soak Off and the body heat helps speed it up. I've gotten lots of emails, "What is in your Soak off? How is it able to soak off faster than straight acetone?" I normally would laugh but I actually have it figured out. Eco cracks and curls off with no effort. When the cracking process starts the emollients get in there with the Soak Off formula. I am CERTAIN that is helping it get off the nail a bit faster.

Down side, you just have to be super careful to have your clients "scrub in for surgery" after you're done soaking. This is what I say to everyone. It hits, "Wash your nails with soap, hot water and this scrub brush" home a lot better than just, "go wash".

Lorraine, webgirl

www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco So Quick Soak Off
Turn your Part-Time Clients into Full-Time Bookings!
3 Minutes On, 5 Minutes Off - Guaranteed