so far I seem to be getting that it's okay to use oil on the nail plate before applying sog......it makes sense for nail health, but I thought it interfered with sog adhesion.

As far as Doug checking it out, I read his comments on his FB page. He seemed to believe that that particular client had developed the white spots because of poor fitting shoes.

Holly
Vancouver, BC
On 7-Feb-11, at 2:18 PM, [email protected] wrote:

White spots can be a big indication of the nail plate drying out. It's basically flaking off. I personally, have seen this simple from wearing a polish for three weeks during a pedicure. When they remove the color, the entire nail (only where it was covered not the regrowth) was white. Solvents in Polish or UV Polish are very drying. Couple that with straight Acetone to remove it and you've got the makings of white spots and white nails.

One thing, we've done at Star on Eco, is mixed oil into our Soak Off Solution. This wasn't easy. We had to find one that wouldn't separate like oil and vinegar in salad dressing. We were able to mix it, you shake it and not immediately start to separate. And those of you that said, "How is it possible the Eco Soak Off Solution soaks off faster than Acetone?". It's actually BECAUSE of the oil. The acetone Cracks the Soak Off Gel and the oil is able to get in the crack (with the acetone) and help it lift off. When we did it, it wasn't on purpose. I was thinking of drying and those 'white knuckles'. Little did I know it would speed up the removal.

So...don't super panic over the white (surface only) spots...BUT be concerned. Like I said, it happens with Polish. Though, not to the degree I saw in the picture on Doug's Facebook....but it does happen. He'll check it out and give us his expert opinion of what's going on.

So please, if you're using ECO...use my Soak off Solution too not straight acetone.....


Kind Regards,
Elaine T. Watson
Star Nail International
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Global Education Director
800.782.7624 extension 321
fax 661.257.5856
[email protected]
Blog: itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Debbie Doerrlamm <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Subject: Fwd: RE: NailTech:: Re: SOG, white spots & Doug Schoon
To: [email protected]



Envelope-to: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
From: Debi Longo <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: NailTech:: Re: SOG, white spots & Doug Schoon
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:17:06 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-100.0
X-Spam-Score: -999
X-Spam-Bar: ---------------------------------------------------
X-Spam-Flag: NO

I agree with Holly on sharing removal of SOG and gel polish. I use ECO and my one client now has white spots on most of her nails. She is using cuticle oil 2x a day. I do use regular acetone from the beauty supply in a soaked cotton ball/foil for 5-10 minutes (5-6 minutes then start removal process on the first nail I wrapped). Then remove foil one at a time, gently use an orange wood stick to get the loose gel off, gently file the last of the gel off (normally the free edge), buff, cuticle oil massaged into the cuticles, massage the hands with cream, push back the cuticles and send the client to scrub. The I apply ECO as normal.

It is just this one client. Although, I had another one get white spots on one nail, but then she decided to go back to regular manicures.

~ Debi Longo~

Love Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly.

631.678.7126
[email protected]
  ToTheEnd4Me









From: [email protected]
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: SOG, white spots & Doug Schoon
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:03:53 -0800
To: [email protected]

Doug is saying that if the white spots are on the surface they are caused by improper removal.

My white spots are on the surface, they are partially removed during cuticle work and prep. I thought I was doing proper remvoal (acetone soaked cotton ball/foil/warm towel wrap). Maybe we should all chime in on our removal methods, whether we're getting the white spots and what products we're using for removal. I am using acetone from home depot (I'm beginning to suspect that is the problem). I have white spots on several clients, but not all.

Holly Cliffe
Vancouver, BC

On 7-Feb-11, at 9:13 AM, Lynnette Madden wrote:

Lisa,
You are right. But I have to say that I do not have it with any of my other sog brands.
Buenos dias!
Lynnette Diaz-Madden
www.facebook.com/nailtech
www.salon29.net
Salon 29-where pampering and
personal attention is on its way!

On Feb 7, 2011 12:00 PM, "Lisa Cianciotti" <[email protected] > wrote:

Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=192584987436127&set=a. 153006348060658.30375.100000538811015

I have seen this on a few of my clients as well. When I see this, I rub oil into the nail and use a 240 grit buffer and nails are back to normal. I believe it is excessive dryness. JMHO from what I have observed from my experience.

Lisa Cianciotti
Simply Polished Studio for Nails
Mount Pleasant, PA
724-423-1821
724-858-5511 Cell
[email protected]




From: Jill in Ky <[email protected]>
To: NailTech < [email protected]>
Sent: Mon, February 7, 2011 11:11:55 AM
Subject: NailTech:: Re: SOG, white spots & Doug Schoon

yes, I'd seriously like to see that. I just had 1 client remove her
own Shellac and she said her na...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To p...



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected] .
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nailtech?hl=en.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nailtech?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nailtech?hl=en.

Regards,
Debbie  ^v^  ^o^  //\o/\\ ^o^  ^v^  Webmaster - System Admin

[email protected]
(AIM - NailGdsss, GTalk wkdwich p-631-981-1273)
Ronkonkoma, NY & Rocky Mount, VA
ONLINE STORE http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe
http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
    for Professionals                    for Consumers


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nailtech [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nailtech?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to