Okay I have a question what are you all using to wipe with I'm using cotton 
bands but still end up with small particals of cotton from time to time left on 
the nails its pissing me off too?!

I haven't had any real problems with white spots I don't use oil prior to 
application but do after I'm done and give a massage with lotion...anytime I've 
used oil I've had bad results with the application and it not lasting as long.

Another question too...are you guys doing wet or dry manicures prior to 
application?

Anna

Connected by MOTOBLURâ„¢ on T-Mobile

-----Original message-----
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, Feb 7, 2011 16:14:08 PST
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: SOG, white spots & Doug Schoon

You're right Holly....you don't want oil on the nail plate before
application.  I clean it off with my "finishing wipe" (basically alcohol
mix).  But the nail gets a lot of exposure during the soak off to harsh and
drying acetone.  When I am finished removing the gel I tell the girls (in my
office) to "go scrub in for surgery" which just means go wash better than
you ever do.  So the oil isn't left behind.

I get where Doug is going.  If you've ever folded a natural nail "bad" you
can see white fractures.  It's just unusual to see them on all ten toes and
with "regrowth".  Doug will know better with clippings and tests.  I will
bet he changes his thought once he sees those nails under a microscope.  I
think they are surface damage from dryness associated with chemicals
(acetone for example).


Kind Regards,
Elaine T. Watson
Star Nail International
Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Global Education Director
800.782.7624 extension 321
fax 661.257.5856
[email protected]

Blog: itsnotarealjob.blogspot.com


On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:54 PM, holly cliffe <[email protected]> wrote:

> so far I seem to be getting that it's okay to use oil on the nail plate
> before applying sog......it makes sense for nail health, but I thought it
> interfered with sog adhesion.
>
> As far as Doug checking it out, I read his comments on his FB page. He
> seemed to believe that that particular client had developed the white spots
> because of poor fitting shoes.
>
> Holly
> Vancouver, BC
>
> On

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to