On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 11:44:27AM -0500, Joe Abley wrote:

> On 26-Feb-2007, at 11:39, Cat Okita wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Joe Abley wrote:
> >>We would be interested to hear what people think about this idea.
> >>For example:
> >>
> >>How would this fit with your corporate travel policies?
> >>
> >>Would you be more or less likely to attend a winter meeting in the
> >>Dominican compared to soemewhere in the US or Canada? Why?
> >
> >I'd expect that the company would consider it to be even more of a
> >junket that it already thinks conferences are.
>
> So, to be clear, you do not expect that you'd be able to come to a
> meeting in the Dominican Republic, but you'd have no such problem
> persuading people to let you go to (say) Los Angeles or San Francisco?

        I don't know how many people that attended NANOG
in Toronto had to go through the "international travel approval" that
some of us had to.  I think that's likely the best gauge of likely
attendance.  I know there was a lot of local (Canadian) attendance
for Toronto and folks that hadn't come to one in the past.  If that
population was sufficently large, perhaps we saw a huge attendance
dip at Toronto.  Not sure how much of that is going someplace
cold during winter vs travel policies.  I know of at least two people
who were happy they were wearing shorts that week in a warmer
climate as opposed to being in Toronto.

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from [EMAIL PROTECTED]