http://sincronia.cucsh.udg.mx/dominican.html

> this worry about language is certainly an issue, but it's also
> manageable.  apricot/ripe/afnog/etc manage to hold meetigs with
> substantially larger population that is non-native english speaking.
> and there are lots of native spanish-speakers in nanog as well.

I am glad that you acknowledged this as exactly what it is,
a business issue to be seriously considered before jumping into
something that is not well defined or understood.

[ snip ]

> > It might be smarter to test the waters with a smaller, shorter, meeting that
> > doesn't impact the way we usually do business. At least if we find out that
> > we're not really wanted and nobody local will show up, it won't hurt so
> > much.
> > We ignored that part of 'our area' until 2007 so holding a mini-meeting is
> > not going to slow anything down.
>
> so marty doesn't want to go to a nanog in santo domingo.

Incorrect. I think that there are more than just philanthropic
considerations and language is one, as well as financials
being another.

-M<