On Feb 26, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

On Feb 26, 2007, at 1:05 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

What reason would NANOG have for holding a meeting in DR? Not a lot
of context. DR is also in the LACNIC region. LACNIC has meetings
similiar to RIPE in content i.e. policy and ops.

http://lacnic.net/en/eventos/lacnicix/index.html

LACNIC is not the equivalent of NANOG any more than ARIN is. According to <http://lacnic.net/en/sobre-lacnic/cobertura/ index.html>, LACNIC covers Mexico. If a meeting were suggested in Mexico, would you say NANOG should not meet there because LACNIC has meetings there?

Perhaps the DR is not considered North America, but I thought it was. It is closer to Florida than Puerto Rico, which is part of the US. If the DR is not in NA, then we can have a discussion about the applicability of NANOG meeting there.

Probably the appropriate discussion to have first...

DR is considered Central America, not North America.
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/dr.html