In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Joel Jaeggli writes:

> [snip]
> Are things like this useful? Is audience too macho to be seen with their
> peers discussing rfc 2317 reverse dns delegation?
>
> joelja

\begin{rant}
If reverse dns delegation is covered I sure hope Comcast is invited
(they don't do it for their business offering but allow you to have
support change the entries for you) and make sure the the people at
AT&T who run the DSL services are invited (they don't allow the
reverse DNS entries to be changed at all which might be an improvement
since at one point they didn't populate reverse DNS at all).
\end{rant}  % not sure if \smiley or \frown is called for

The topics seemed to makes sense.

   DNS operations
   mechanics of voip
   network instrumentation
   ids/ips deployment
   understanding flow/packet capture output
   noc practices (monitoring/ticketing)
   setting up a looking-glass
   deploying load-balanced services
   machine virtualization

Some brief comments.

The overall topic of enterprise security might be more appropriate
than ids/ips which is somewhat PC LAN specific.

NOC practices vary greatly from one provider to another.

Does "machine virtualization" mean running BSD jails and the like or
does it mean something else?

You might want to add something on wireless (directional antennas,
gain, distance capabilities, overlapping coverage, WPA and management,
etc - not how to set up an access point or a laptop).

The tough part might be getting people to prepare tutorials.  It was
hard enough getting a good BGP tutorial even though plenty of people
who go to NANOG know BGP very well.

Curtis