On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Lynda wrote:

> I'm on a couple of lists where the reply-to header is munged in just
> this way. I hate it. I much prefer the extra effort that says to send to
> the list, rather than constantly checking to make sure that a private
> message is not being sent to the list by accident.
FWIW, IMHO, I agree 100%.

> Sean, not picking on you, but this touched a nerve. Out of control
> vacation (and other autoresponder) programs should be dealt with one at
> a time, as needed. There's already enough rules.
As they are. I've asked [EMAIL PROTECTED] for rough number of subscribers that
have 'no longer with the company' autoresponder that gets unsubscribed by
her based on complaints by list subscribers - the answer is between 0.5 to
2 per month - seems low, however, if we stop doing it, a year later,
you'll get between 6 and 24 autoresponder replies to each post. Which
would be bad (tm).

-alex