Martin Hannigan wrote:
>  AUP Item #8 seems to apply.
> I'm asking if it's what people really want.

I'm not sure that AUP item #8 applies, since, as I understand it, you
were not posting to NANOG when you received the autoresponse.  Posting
to NANOG doesn't mean eternal personal immunity from automatically
generated replies from any list member.  If you sent an email to NANOG,
and personally received a reply from a recipient saying he wasn't
personally accepting mail from you, then AUP item #8 kicks in.  But
NANOG users are not barred from sending email to other users from
spam-listed domains, and users are not required to disable reasonable
anti-spam measures for the convenience of other users.

If the secret issue is that the email was from an MLC member, and
therefore official list business even if it isn't a post to the list,
per se, then we need to address where the responsibility lies amongst
the user base not block email from MLC members vs the MLC members
responsibility in ensuring their email does not come with a soure
address that reasonable anti-spam measures may refuse.  (And yes, I
know, "reasonable" = "big shouting match."  I have seen the sausage made.)