On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had originally just deleted this message, but after thinking about it for
> a few minutes, felt compelled to send to -futures.
>
> If "website security" is off-topic for NANOG, when there are legitimate

is the distinction the mailing-list-admin folk are making one of:

'you need to do X,Y, Z to make your website secure'  (on-topic)
  vs
'your website is hacked' (not on topic)

Or, given the content on the last 'web security' thread (which
admittedly I deleted 80% of) debating how some set of websites gets
'hacked' considered 'off topic' ?

I, personally, don't care either (about the content) way my delete key
works well enough... (or 'y' key). I do care that conversation that
may be on-topic gets stifled unnecessarily.  I don't mind gentle
reminders though of what may be on/off topic.

-Chris