On May 15, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Mailman can easily snatch phrases in subjects like stock social net
> invites and 'out of office' or vacation messages. Probably with a very
> high success rate as well requiring no intervention by admins.

Or we could just accept the fact that we'll occasionally have to
delete these messages ourselves.

Is this really enough of a problem to devote the MLC and Merit's
energy toward solving it?

I do agree that if this really is worth the effort, filtering on the
subject will cause much less collateral damage than filtering on the
sender's domain.

[My own opinions, SC hat off.]
        Steve