On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Joe Provo <nanog-...@rsuc.gweep.net>
wrote:

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:51:45AM -0700, Steve Feldman wrote:
[snip]
<aol>

> Is this really enough of a problem to devote the MLC and Merit's
> energy toward solving it?
>
> I do agree that if this really is worth the effort, filtering on the
> subject will cause much less collateral damage than filtering on the
> sender's domain.

</aol>

Eh. I think <aol> has lost its relevance. You were there went it meant
something. It's (and other phraseology) cultural significance is less
and less everyday and is indicative of the nature of change that takes
place on the Internet, oh, every two years now I suppose. The more we
can automate to match "community" policy the easier it is to maintain
and the more fair it is to the users and the admins. No?

Best,

Martin