Steve,

Can you ensure that you have that budget available before the meeting,
hopefully at least a week before?

Also, can we have the numbers from NANOG 52 ASAP?

Thanks!
-Dave

On 9/15/11 7:28 PM, Steven Feldman wrote:
[Apologies for cross-posting; it turns out many members are not on the
nanog-futures list.]

In our board meeting this week, we decided not to place this on this year's ballot. We feel that as with other decisions regarding conference fees and discounts, this is best left as an operational policy decision rather than a corporate governance issue.

The petition process is available as an alternative if a sufficient portion of the membership wishes to put this on the ballot without the board's involvement.

The board has taken no position on the underlying question of waiving fees for volunteers. We encourage continued community discussion on this topic, both on these mailing lists and and during the open members meeting at NANOG 53. By that time, we will have a draft budget for 2012 available which will allow us to determine the financial impact of such a policy.

Thanks,
     Steve

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Dave Temkin <d...@temk.in