> On Feb 18, 2021, at 8:38 AM, Steve Saner <ssa...@ideatek.com> wrote:
>
> We are starting to look at CGNAT solutions. The primary motivation at the
> moment is to extend current IPv4 resources, but IPv6 migration is also a
> factor.

IPv6 Migration is generally not aided by CGNAT.

In general, the economics today still work out to make purchasing or leasing
addresses more favorable than CGNAT.

It’s a bit dated by now, but still very relevant, see Lee Howard’s excellent
research presented at the 2012 Rocky
mountain v6 task force meeting:

https://www.rmv6tf.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TCO-of-CGN1.pdf
<https://www.rmv6tf.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TCO-of-CGN1.pdf>