Until the Internet NTP network can be made secure, no. Do you have a citation
for your Jersey event? I doubt GPS caused the problem, but I’d like to see the
documentation.

Using GPS for time sync is simple risk management: the risk of Internet NTP
with known, well documented vulnerabilities and many security incidents, versus
the risk of some theoretical GPS-based vulnerability, for which mitigations
such as geographic diversity are readily available. Sure, you could use
Internet NTP as a last resort should GPS fail globally (perhaps due to a
theoretical — but conceivable — meteor storm). But that would be a fall-back. I
would not mix the systems.

 -mel