Mel Beckman wrote:-

>It’s a problem that has received a lot of attention in both NTP and
>aviation navigation circles. What is hard to defend against is total signal
>suppression via high powered jamming. But that you can do with a
>geographically diverse GPS NTP network.

Whilst looking forward to being corrected, GPS (even across multiple
locations) seems to be a SINGLE source of time.  You seem (have I
misunderstood?) to be a proponent of using GPS exclusively as the external
clock source.

Might it be preferable to have a mixture of GPS (perhaps with another GNSS)
together with carefully selected Internet-based NTP servers?

I recall an incident over here in Jersey (the one they named New Jersey
after!) where our primary telco had a substantial time shift on one of
their two GPS synced servers.  This managed to adjust the clock on enough
of their routers that the certificate-based OSPF authentication considered
the certificates invalid, and caused a failure of almost their whole
network.

This is, of course, not to say that GPS is not a very good clock source,
but rather to wonder whether more diversity would be preferable than using
it as a single source.

--
Best wishes,
Matthew