From: "Eric Dugas via NANOG" <nanog@nanog.org>
To: "Aaron Gould" <aar...@gvtc.com>
Cc: nanog@nanog.org
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2024 4:12:38 PM
Subject: Re: Netskrt - ISP-colo CDN

That name rang a bell so I looked up my emails.

They contacted me last year, they were claiming to be "working with some of the
major streaming brands, such as Amazon Prime Video, to improve the quality of
both VOD and live streaming while also reducing the load on ISP networks such
as your own.".

Based on my quick research, they have a few registered ASNs (their peeringdb
page ) with a few netblocks but I get 0 traffic from them (we're a sizable
eyeball network). Their origin network might still not be ready but digging a
little bit more, it seems they act as a third-party video caching solution and
not as an origin CDN so in the end, they're really just trying to sell ISPs and
other types of customers their caching solutions.

Eric