On 1/15/2010 10:26 AM, William Hamilton wrote:
On 15/01/2010 16:14, William Herrin wrote:
Is it bad English? Is it not clear?
No, it is not clear.

It's perfectly clear.

Can anyone else give better wording
that might result in less of an issue?

"Please reply to this message to reopen your ticket and escalate your
case to a live human being."

You:

"Please reply to this message to reopen your ticket and escalate your
case to a live human being."

And now SORBS:

"If you feel otherwise, please reply to this message
to re-open your ticket."

Try as I might I really can't see what is not clear here...

Standard English vs. British English vs. Northeast U.S. English, vs. Geek vs. ...?

Second seems more logical to me (allowing for a moment that some thing about this whole subject is "logical".

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information: http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml