On Feb 14, 2010, at 6:55 PM, John Orthoefer wrote:

> At the time I was involved it did have an SLA, and was considered critical
> infrastructure for Genuitity customers.   Once we started to deploy 4.2.2.1,
> we gave customers time to swap over, but we started turning off our existing
> DNS servers.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have said "for non-customers of L3".

I was responding the statement that the name servers were controlled by "*one*
external route".  If you are a customer, IGP matters, not BGP, and SLAs
obviously are a different situation.  For people who are not customers, SLAs
are unusual.

--
TTFN,
patrick