Thanks for the feedback. Let me clarify a few things regarding issues that this
thread has addressed so far:

A) Pre-existing configs: What Tim and Joe mentioned is apparently correct. I
was on phone with a few Cisco tech-reps earlier today and they told me that
since version 8.2, they have been shipping ASAs with a default configuration,
which explains the existence of private IP addresses on the inside interface,
etc ... .

B) What Cisco reps could NOT explain was the existence of a number of
FSCK000#.REC files on these appliances. To be more specific each of ASAs in
question contains 4 extra files: FSCK0000.REC, FSCK0001.REC, FSCK0002.REC,
FSCK0003.REC). I said 'extra' because I asked the Cisco reps on phone to
provide me a complete list of files that should exist on a brand new ASA, and
the 4 files above were not part of the list and I think even they got confused
when I mentioned the existence of these files.

I could not find much info on these files, but a simple Google search indicates
that these files may be 'recovery files' of Disks operating under
Unix/Linux/BSD/etc /... kernel, indicating a dying hard drive. That would be
enough to freak me out! Anyone can confirm this?

C) SmarNet issue: I am a little confused on this. Since this purchase was for
NEW equipment, and the devices were shipped by Cisco (at least that is what I
read on the box; a Cisco warehouse in TX), then my understanding is that the
devices came with the first 12 months of Smarnet anyway. So I will be surprised
if they decline the contract renewal after the first year. After all they sold
us the appliances as if they were new. How can decline renewal if I can prove
that I paid them for new?

D) Reseller: Yes, I appreciate the input. I will stick with a bigger name like
CDW, next time, but again it appears to me that the devices were shipped from a
Cisco warehouse in Texas, and not from the reseller's location.

I would greatly appreciate any input, especially on B)

Thank you

Best regards

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/