On 6/9/2010 06:11, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2010, at 11:11 PM, JC Dill wrote:
>
>> Owen DeLong wrote:
>>>
>>> Heck, at this point, I'd be OK with it being a regulatory issue.
>>
>> What entity do you see as having any possibility of effective regulatory
>> control over the internet?
>>
>> The reason we have these problems to begin with is because there is no way
>> for people (or government regulators) in the US to control ISPs in eastern
>> Europe etc.

What happ3ens if you replace the word "government" with the word "person"?

(And since the cost is the only thing that matters, how much does
"government" cost?  I suppose that is something somebody else should
worry about too.)

> The reason we have these problems is because NO government is taking action.
> If each government
> took the action I suggested locally against the ISPs in their region, it
> would be just as effective.
> In fact, the more governments that take the action I suggested, the more
> effective it would be.

It is my strongly held belief that with my substitution a lot would get
done and at a much lower individual cost.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca