On Aug 20, 2012, at 2:09 PM, Eric Wieling wrote:

> For a while we have had a customer with some lines which go down every time
> it rains.   We put in the trouble ticket, a couple of days later Verizon says
> the issue is resolved...until the next time it rains.
>
> The customer sent us some pictures today of the pole outside their office.
> The repair appears to be wrapping some plastic bags around something up on
> the pole.  Here is link to the pictures the customer sent us, in case anyone
> in the mood for a good scare.
>
> http://rock.nyigc.net/verizon/

I was just walking home to see similar craftsmanship (garbage bags and all) on
two poles behind our new apartment.  I believe this is AT&T territory in Chicago

Pole 1 - there is literally a rat/squirrel/bird nest behind the wiring:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-KqNM2R3MOnQ/UHb7Sk3FPmI/AAAAAAAAG84/XVDEXZTdCWo/s1126/IMG_20121011_114845.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Nwe3xErIU4o/UHb7Su66QLI/AAAAAAAAG84/fOl6fzEy1lM/s1126/IMG_20121011_114848.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sDjLkDdDt9w/UHb7SuQq-jI/AAAAAAAAG84/RAUtBJUeENE/s1126/IMG_20121011_114855.jpg

Pole 2 (not quite as bad):