I don't think this is standard across the board with Telus.

I've also heard (rumours?) of a similar $250 prefix change free associated with
Shaw/AS6327 changes before, and also a much larger $750 change prefix change
fee with BELL-GT/AS6539, but the customers I know who use them definitely don't
get charged these types of fees.

Theodore Baschak - AS395089 - Hextet Systems
https://ciscodude.net/ - https://hextet.systems/
http://mbix.ca/