Interesting question whether 2000::/3 or ::/0 is the better default route.
>From what I can tell (as OP indicated) most are using ::/0. (I should
probably add for those who have not been running V6 for long that for the
forseeble future 2000::/3 is the extent of the V6 allocation, the rest
being held back for future use. Which is why that could be a default.) Is
there any case where 2000::/3 would hurt one? One person mentioned
something like 64:ff9b::/96, which per
http://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-ipv6-special-registry/iana-ipv6-special-registry.xhtml,
is the v4 to v6 translator net. Does anyone actually use that?
best,
dennis

Dennis Bohn
Manager of Network and Systems (ret)